“YOU MEASURE, WE PROCESS” is the innovative service offered by S2X to support technicians involved in output-only dynamic testing of civil structures. If you are interested in entering this business but you are worried about the high cost of software and equipment and the steep learning curve, this service perfectly fits your needs supporting you with test planning and data processing at a very affordable cost.
The service is based on the remote transmission of the recorded datasets and some additional information directly to our offices: our highly skilled team in output-only modal testing will process the data by means of our proprietary software and will send back a report with the identified modal properties. You just need to send us:
- The file with the collected data; the following extensions are accepted: .csv, .asc, .txt, .lvm, .tdms, .xls (the possibility to process files with different extension must be evaluated case by case);
- Drawings of the tested structure (accepted extension: .dwg);
- Sensor layout (accepted extensions: .dwg, .pdf);
- List of the reference channels in the case of multi-layout tests;
- Picture of the tested structure (optional);
The correct execution of measurements of the ambient vibration response of the investigated structure is your responsibility, so please always use appropriate measurement equipment and avoid as much as possible noise sources when measuring.
Data processing is carried out after a preliminary validation and check of the quality of measurements. Modal parameters are estimated afterwards by means of different state-of-the-art procedures of Operational Modal Analysis:
• Basic Frequency Domain, Frequency Domain Decomposition, Least Squares Complex Frequency in the frequency domain,
• Covariance-driven Stochastic Subspace Identification, Data driven Stochastic Subspace Identification, Second Order Blind Identification in the time domain,
in order to cross-check the results and ensure the reliability of the modal parameter estimates.
Data processing results are collected in a report including:
• Tables with the identified modal parameters (natural frequencies, damping ratios, mode shapes);
• Picture of the Singular Value plot or, alternatively, a plot of the stabilization diagram;
• Qualitative graphical representation of the identified mode shapes (depending on the adopted sensor layout);
• Complexity plots;
• AutoMAC matrix.
The report will be sent to you within 7 working days after confirmation of receipt of data.
TERMS AND ADDITIONAL SERVICES
You can purchase a single data processing application or opt out for a one-year subscription. Additional information, terms and conditions, and a quote can be asked by signing in.
It is also possible to buy additional services not included either in the single application or in the one-year subscription:
- Consulting on test planning;
- Rental of testing equipment;
- In-situ data acquisition;
- Cable assembly for IEPE sensors;
- Numerical integration of acceleration data for evaluation of vibration levels;
- Supply of measurement systems for Operational Modal Analysis and dynamic data acquisition;
- Consulting for validation of numerical models and computation of correlation between experimental and numerical modal parameters.
BACK TO SERVICES SHARE